We are manufacturer, exporter of Electric Cartridge Heaters that are commonly used in extruding and fluid heating applications. These power efficient heaters are known for providing excellent heating and hence are demanded in labeling, packaging and plastic molding. These are intended for close thermal control and hence are used for local heating purposes in compact areas. MAGMA electric cartridge heaters are ideal for different applications like air, metal dies and heating liquids (Oil, Water & Glues).
About Types of Cartridge Heaters
These cartridge heaters are suitable for employing concentrated heat to the components of solid metal. Having higher watt densities, offered cartridge heaters are similar to tubular heaters, these are customized to sheath, wattage, voltage, terminals, size and leads, usually as per requirement or application.
We manufacture 2 types of Cartridge heaters :
- Standard or Low Watt Density Cartridge Heaters.
- Swaged or High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters.
Features and Uses of High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters :
- Depending on the watt density, NiCR resistance wire in winded on MgO Core. Empty spaces are filled with MgO powder which has best possible purity. Within this powder, it is swaged so that higher dielectric strength is achieved.
- To the outer sheath, the heat generated wire is quickly transferred or dissipated by resistance. It is machined to precise shape and tolerance. For fantastic and useful performance, Swaged or High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters are fitted into parallel sided holes, and accurately reamed. It is also operatable at higher temperature as well as in application that witness increased vibrations.
Features and Uses of Standard Or Low Watt Density Cartridge Heaters
It is mostly same as the Swagged or High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters but the difference resides in non-compact nature of MgO powder. Insulated leads are installed and the end cap is inset on the bottom of the heater. For maximum and durable heat transfer of cartridge heaters, few points to be considered by the users:
- Calculation of wattage : Proper calculations should done. We suggest that for low to high temperature fluctuation, Input voltage regulator device is required to install. The working life will be reduced if heater is regularly switched on and off.
- Fittment : Insertion holes in the dies should be less than or equal to 0.002 in comparison to the heater's diameter. As a result, there is a close contact of heater's outer sheath and die's molds. This allows maximum heat transfer from the resistance wire. Till the heater fails, temperature inside the heater will ceaselessly increase.
- Suitable Placement is essential for temperature sensing device: Wherever possible from the heater, Thermostat should not be placed away more than 1/2" away. Else, the heater's life will be affected.
- Size: 6 mm O.D. to 2" O.D
- Range: 3 KW to 450 KW
Applications of MAGMA electric cartridge heaters :
- Gas and liquid heating
- Heating tanks
- Labeling machinery
- Packaging equipment
- Plastic extruder
- Plastic molding